Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Importance of Attitude

What does it mean to be thankful? Thankfulness carries with it an innate understanding that life is a gift to be treasured. We are born into this world with nothing and when we die, we leave this world with nothing. The quality of the time spent between those two events depends largely on our attitude. My father taught me that you often can't choose the things that come your way in life but you can always choose the attitude you greet those things with. Life is filled with choices and those who succeed are not the ones who have never had problems, made mistakes, or experienced painful times. Rather, they are the ones who have looked into the face of those problems, mistakes and painful times and said, "I will learn from you. I will grow and not be defeated." Those who succeed are those who take nothing for granted and understand that everything they have has been given to them by God. They realize that in the hard circumstances in life there are lessons to be learned and that nothing is wasted if we learn to face it with thankfulness.

"Men ask for a rainbow in the clouds, but I would ask more from Thee. I would be in my cloud, myself a rainbow - to minster to others' joy." - George Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment